3. Modification. The Company may revise these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time by updating this posting. Your continued use of the Site constitutes your agreement to comply with such revisions. You should therefore visit this page from time to time.
4. Prohibited Uses, Communications and Content. Unauthorized use or modification of any information stored on the Site may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution under federal, state and local law. You may not use the Site for anything other than a lawful and legitimate business purpose. You agree not to interrupt, or attempt to interrupt, the operation of the Site in any way. You may not advertise or solicit on or through the Site without our express written permission. You agree not to use the Site to: (1) impersonate any person or entity; (2) post or carry out activity that is unlawful, offensive, false or misleading or constitutes or encourages the conduct of a criminal offense; (3) cause injury of any kind to any person or entity; (4) store on, send, post or otherwise use the Site to present anything that contains harmful or malicious components or code designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; (5) carry out any unauthorized alteration of any data or information on or supplied by another user of the Site; (6) conduct any activity that infringes on the copyright, patent, trademark, service mark or other rights of any person or entity; or (7) transmit chain letters, junk mail, “spamming,” solicitations (commercial or non-commercial) or bulk communications of any kind including, but not limited to, distribution lists to any person who has not given specific permission to be included in such a list. You shall not restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any service conducted on the Site. You are solely responsible for the content of any transmissions you make to the Site or to any Company employee or Member. You agree that you will not send, post or otherwise publish through the Site, any message, material, user name or other communication that: (i) is unlawful, offensive, obscene, vulgar, indecent, pornographic, profane, sexually-oriented, threatening, abusive, false or misleading with respect to origin or fact, slanderous, libelous or defamatory; (ii) impersonates any person or entity; (iii) provides personally identifiable information of any other person or entity, such as an address or phone number; (iv) constitutes or encourages the conduct of a criminal offense; (v) gives rise to liability; (vi) promotes the use of controlled substances; (vii) causes injury of any kind to any person or entity; (viii) infringes or violates the intellectual property rights, contract rights, or any other rights of any third party; (ix) contains harmful or malicious components or code designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or (x) creates a link to another web site, unless approved by the Company.
5. Use and Monitoring. While Company has no obligation to monitor the Site and is not responsible for the content of any messages, information or files transmitted on the Site, Company reserves the right to delete and take other appropriate action with respect to any messages, information or files for any reason, including denying access to the Site to anyone at anytime. All persons are hereby notified that use of the Site constitutes consent to such actions, monitoring and auditing.
6. Posting. You acknowledge and agree that any materials and information that you post on the Site are non-confidential. Information that you post in comment and other public areas of the Site may be seen and used by Members and any other users of the Site. THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYONE’S MISUSE OR MISAPPROPRIATION OF ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION YOU POST ON COMMENT OR OTHER PUBLIC AREAS OF THE SITE. You grant the Company a nonexclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, unlimited, assignable, sub-licensable, fully paid up and royalty-free right to use, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or to any third parties (unless a payment is expressly set out in a separate specific written agreement between you and the Company), to copy, prepare derivative works of, improve, distribute, publish, remove, retain, add, process, analyze, use and commercialize, in any way now known or in the future discovered, any information you provide, directly or indirectly to the Site or the Company, including, but not limited to, any user generated content, ideas, concepts, techniques or data to the services, you submit to the Company or Site, in any media now existing or hereafter created, without compensation to you.. The Company shall not use any such materials and information for any purpose other than disseminating it to Members of the Company and will endeavor to provide acknowledgement of your provision of such materials or information (if requested). You represent and warrant to the Company that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content you post on the Site and that the content is accurate, not confidential, and not in violation of any contract, law or rights of third parties. The Company reserves the right, but not the obligation, to refuse to post or to remove any content or portions thereof, if it violates any terms of these Terms and Conditions or any other reason.
7. Payments; Payment Information. If you purchase any products or services that we offer for a fee, you agree to the Company storing your payment card information. You also agree to pay the applicable fees for the products or services as they become due plus all related taxes, and to reimburse us for all collection costs and interest for any overdue amounts.
8. Trademark Notice. “Laguna Strategic Advisors” is a service mark of the Company and is protected by law. You may not use this mark unless you are a Member of the Company and then may only use the mark in strict compliance with the Membership Agreement. Certain other names, brands and marks may be used on the Site for identification purposes only and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Fair use of the trademarks and service marks requires proper acknowledgment.
9. Copyright Notice; Ownership. Certain Company materials and software published on or used on the Site are protected by copyright, and owned or controlled by or licensed to Company, or the party listed as the provider of the materials or software. UNAUTHORIZED COPYING, REPRODUCTION, REPUBLISHING, UPLOADING, DOWNLOADING, POSTING, TRANSMITTING OR DUPLICATING ANY OF THE MATERIAL IS PROHIBITED. You may download any downloadable materials displayed on the Site only if (i) you are a Member of the Company, (ii) you comply with the Membership Agreement, and (iii) the documents are not modified and you maintain and abide by all copyright, trademark and other notices contained in such material or if there is not a notice in such portion of materials, you include the following copyright notice in such downloaded materials:
- © 2011 Laguna Strategic Advisors, LLC. All rights reserved. All use subject to Terms and Conditions of Use set forth at www.lagunastrategicadvisors.com.
Except as expressly provided in a separate license agreement, Company and its suppliers of the Site materials and software do not grant any express or implied rights to you under any patents, copyrights, trademarks or trade secret information.
10. No Commercial Use of Company Site Materials and Screen Shots. Reproduction, copying, or redistribution of materials on the Company Site for commercial purposes is prohibited unless in compliance with the Membership Agreement
11. Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice; Copyright Agent. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office web site at http://lcweb.loc.gov/copyright/), we will respond to claims of copyright infringement committed using the Site that are reported to the Company’s “Designated Copyright Agent” identified below. If you are a copyright owner, or authorized to act on behalf of an owner of the copyright or of any exclusive right under the copyright, please provide the Company’s Copyright Agent the following information: (1) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest that is allegedly infringed; (2) identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such work at that site; (3) identification of the material on the Site that you claim is infringing and where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site; (4) your address, telephone number, and email address; (5) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (6) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the owner or authorized to act on the behalf of the owner of the exclusive copyright allegedly infringed; and (7) your full legal name. All claims of copyright infringement should be delivered to the following “Designated Copyright Agent” of the Company: , 401 Kamakee Street, #201, Honolulu, HI 96814, Telephone Number: 808-450-1309, Facsimile Number: 808-589-1609. E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Repeat Infringer Policy. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other applicable law, the Company has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at the Company’s sole discretion, users who are deemed to be repeat infringers. The Company may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Site and/or terminate the memberships of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
13. Email May Not Be Used to Provide Notice. Communications made through the Site’s email and messaging system shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to Company or any of its officers, employees, agents or representatives, such as where notice to Company is required by contract, or any federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations.
14.Links to Other Sites and/or Materials. Links may appear on the Site that may be used to link to other Site(s). These links are provided as a courtesy to Site visitors. Company has no control over the linked Sites or the materials, information, goods or services available or contained on these linked Sites. Company is not responsible for and does not endorse or warrant in any way any materials, information, goods or services available through such linked Sites or any privacy or other practices of such Sites. If you decide to access any of the linked Sites, you do so entirely at your own risk. Company reserves the right to terminate any link at any time.
15. Disclaimer; Limitation of Damages.
- (a) Company is neither responsible nor liable for any viruses or other contamination of your computer system or other device used to access the Site as a result of your use of the Site. THE SITE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL CONTENT, SOFTWARE, FUNCTIONS, MATERIALS AND INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE OR DESCRIBED ON THE SITE OR ACCESSED BY MEANS THEREOF) IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, COMPATIBILITY, SECURITY, ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, Company MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT ACCESS TO OR OPERATION OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. IN NO EVENT WILL COMPANY, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THIS SITE’S CONTENT BE LIABLE FOR THE TRUTH, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION ON THE SITE, FOR ERRORS OR MISTAKES MADE BY HUMANS OR MACHINES, OR FOR ANY ACTUAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT MAY ARISE FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE AND/OR THE MATERIALS AND INFORMATION CONTAINED ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE.
(b) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE COMPANY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OR REMEDIES FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT WILL COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY ACTUAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THIS SITE, ANY WEB SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE, OR THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES DISPLAYED ON OR AVAILABLE OR ORDERED THROUGH ANY OR ALL SUCH SITES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF YOUR USE OF SUCH MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION OF EQUIPMENT OR DATA, YOU ASSUME ALL COSTS THEREOF. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
(c) ANY RELIANCE UPON ANY ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT OR OTHER INFORMATION DISPLAYED OR DISTRIBUTED THROUGH THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER COMPANY NOR ITS AFFILIATES SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY ARISING FROM YOUR RELIANCE UPON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE.
(d) YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, OTHER COMMUNICATIONS, CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SOFTWARE) ACCESSED THROUGH OR OBTAINED BY MEANS OF THE SITE.
(e) WE MAKE NO GUARANTY OF CONFIDENTIALITY OR PRIVACY OF ANY COMMUNICATION OR INFORMATION TRANSMITTED ON THE SITE OR ANY SITE LINKED TO THE SITE. We will not be liable for the privacy of e mail addresses, registration and identification information, disk space, communications, confidential or trade-secret information, or any other content stored on our equipment, transmitted over networks accessed by the Site, or otherwise connected with your use of the Site. For more information, click here.
16. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold Company and its parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective officers, directors and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Site, violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use, or the infringement by you, or any other user of your member name, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
17. Applicable Laws. Company operates the Site from its offices in California and makes no representations that materials in the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Access to the Site from any territory where the content is illegal is prohibited. If you choose to access the Site from other locations, you do so at your own risk and are solely responsible for compliance with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations. The display of the Site alone does not subject Company to any specific jurisdiction. You may not use or export any of the Site materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim related to the use of the Site or to the Site materials shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of California as applied to agreements made and to be performed entirely therein. Any action brought in connection with the Site or Site content shall be brought in either the state or federal courts with jurisdiction in Orange County, California.
18. Investments Disclaimer. None of the information contained in this Site constitutes a recommendation, solicitation or offer by the Company or its affiliates to buy or sell any securities or provide any investment advice or service.
19. Contact Information. Any questions regarding these Terms and Conditions should be directed to:
20.General Information. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and the Company and govern your use of the Site. The failure of the Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the applicable provision, and the other provisions of the Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect. You agree that, regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Site or the Services or the Terms and Conditions must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose. The section headings are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
©2012 Laguna Strategic Advisors, LLC. All Rights Reserved.